Wednesday 19 April 2017

Hoopers Talk Tough Ahead of Clash Against Customs



Rivers Hoopers in action
Rivers Hoopers new recruits, Emmanuel Balogun and Solomon Ajagbeyi have stated their targets for the 2017 Kwese Sports Premier Basketball League season.
The duos who joined the team from Nigeria Customs are elated to join the two-time champions of the Nigeria basketball league, Rivers Hoopers and want to consolidate on last season’s outing.
Balogun disclosed to Hoopers media that he joined the Port Harcourt based side because of their pedigree.
“I need a bigger team and a bigger platform, a team that has a bigger vision, that’s why I decided to join Hoopers. I want to help the team qualify for the continent,” Balogun stated.
The former Comets guard who played for Customs for four years was not encouraged to stay for an extra season. He however expressed optimism about achieving his target with the former champions.
“Last season we (Customs) were unable to achieve our goals because of financial problems but I trust Hoopers to achieve that goal,” said Balogun
In the same vein, Ajagbeyi who is a left-handed player and nicknamed “Baba Lefty” was modest in his discussion with the club's media officer, Queen John when she reminded him of his exploits against Hoopers last season.
“One thing I always tell people is not to rely on a person 100% but I will do my best to make sure we win the championship.
Despite admitting the importance of his addition to the team, lefty says he believes in playing as a unit and not by individual talent.
“My addition to the team and my other teammates that came together here is a plus to the team and we believe we will deliver positively,” Ajagbayi posited.
Rivers Hoopers, also known as "The Kings Men” will travel to face Customs this Thursday in their first game of the season and the former Customs Power Forward is not prepared to lose to his former side.
“By God’s grace, we are going to take the game because we can’t afford to lose to customs my former team. All I want to do is to put my possible best and I pray that my other teammates put their best into the game. I believe with this team we have now we will not lose because what they did last season when I was there was not encouraging. After sacrificing everything they just fumbled but anyway that is just it , I don’t want to lose to them. I will put my possible best to make sure we win customs.” He declared.
The Kings Men will face Nigeria Customs on Thursday April 20 before taking on Police Baton on Saturday April 22 in Lagos.

PAST MEETINGS LAST SEASON AGAINST CUSTOMS
LAGOS
FT Customs 72- 68 Rivers Hoopers   March 18
FT Customs 71- 85 Rivers Hoopers   March 20

PORT HARCOURT
FT Rivers Hoopers 60-62 Customs    April 29
OT Rivers Hoopers 70-75 Customs   April 30

CONFERENCE FINALS
FT Customs 71- 68 Rivers Hoopers  Day 1  June 7
FINAL 8
FT Customs 69- 47 Rivers Hoopers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Controversy Over Use of military uniforms by Private Security Guard

The use of replica uniforms of military agencies by some private security guards is generating a lot of controversy among the people. W...